Copyright

All rights reserved to Natural Intuition Photography and Christine Dopp. Any violation will not be tolerated. Email me if you want any of the photos shown :)

Sunday, March 25

39 Years { Personal - Stevens Point, WI Family Lifestyle Photographer}

Before I jumped into vacation I spent a afternoon with my family ... now for those of you that know my family we are a LOUD family sometimes. We are a close family, so when we get together, there is about ALL of us trying to talk to one another. The reason for the get together is that my parents celebrated their 39th year of marriage. Whew.... 

The story of my parents is a cute one.... so listen up!

My Dad has lived in Wild Rose, WI his WHOLE life - first went to school at the Dopp School just down the road from our family farm. But after 6th grade I think they closed the school and he had to attend Wild Rose Public School till he graduated. After High School, he returned to the family farm, Dopp Dairy Domain Inc. This is where he has been for the past 65 years. He is one of the most hard working men I know. My mom grew up in Oshkosh moving from house to house - her Dad was a builder, he would build a house and then sell it. After High School, my Mom went to University of Oshkosh for Elementary Education. She was a teacher for about 35 years at Wild Rose Elementary, and retired to spend time with her ever growing grand children. My Mom was one of the most memorable 1st Grade teachers. (I think) Everyday before the kids went to get on the school bus, my Mom would give each kid a hug. These hugs would continue with some kids WAY after High School. While living in the area, she would attend High School Basketball games. One basketball game she saw my Dad, and of course my dad saw my Mom :) But...my dad only smiled at my Mom. A whole YEAR later my parents went to yet another basketball game and my dad FINALLY said 'HI' to my Mom. They dated a few months, then one night while sitting in my Dad's car, my Dad looked at my Mom and said 'wanna get married?" {giggle - my Dad is a man of little words} They set the date for March 17th, St Patrick's Day. No my parents are Irish, they just picked that day. But it was shown in my Mom's dress that it was St Patrick's Day, her veil at four leaf clovers on it. Cute huh?

My parents are two of the most supportive parents I could ask for. Even when us kids got tattoos and they didn't approve they still supported the idea. {giggle} And a year before their 40th anniversary, I want to make sure they know that I appreciate them. I know it wasn't easy  with all of 6 kids - with each of us and our own personalities. 

So I am happy to say - that these two wonderful people are my Parents...


These next two photos are SOOOO my parents. They are goof balls! The first of my mom showing my dad where she wants to put new plants for Spring, but the next one is my Dad trying to give my Mom bunny ears but the wrong way! Silly guys!



Congrats Mom and Dad on 39 years! 

Much Love
Christine
Natural Intuition Photography


1 comment:

  1. You captured the people and the moment perfectly again! They are great people that have spent their married life having fun and raising 6 great kids. And remember, they always save the best for last.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment below ....