Copyright

All rights reserved to Natural Intuition Photography and Christine Dopp. Any violation will not be tolerated. Email me if you want any of the photos shown :)

Thursday, March 1

Breathing Room {Personal - Stevens Point, Waupaca, Wisconsin Lifestyle Photographer}

I have chosen the Month of March, a month for Me - This whole month I am taking time to regroup me, and my life. And this includes the business of Natural Intuition Photography - I will be working on a few things, this includes some new gear! Also, working hard on getting my booth ready for the April 15th Wedding Show at the Ale House, in Waupaca, Wisconsin. But also, I need a time to regroup myself, get myself back to normal and fresh for the upcoming wedding for this Summer! And I can already hear some of you saying "But you've had the last 2 months off." - Well Yes I have, but these last few months I have had off shooting mostly, but as for booking weddings, and paperwork, THIS has not ended. And if I want to keep this going I have to do it right, not just get by.

Soooo......

I have realized in the last few weeks I have been unmotivated, and not very creative feeling. I have made mistakes regarding my business, and these were embarrassing. I feel like if I don't slow down right now and regroup I will lose this blossoming flower of a business I have going. I have been working non-stop, between my job at hourly job, and my career. I have not slept much, or spent much time with my boyfriend, Justin. (Don't get me wrong - I know owning and starting a business is not supposed to be easy, but I can not afford to make anymore mistakes, and I do not think it is fair to my current clients, and future clients.) Being burnt out caused me to make mistakes, and not put in my whole heart into my shoots, this is not fair to them, and makes me see it in every photo that I took.

In 2012 I hope to book MORE weddings, but I am limiting them - due to I want to do LOTS more Family and Children session. These are the ones that are close to my heart - but Maternity has a special spot. Maternity is just my favorite, so I am going to try and branch out and make that my primary. So remember I have a special going for you expecting Mama's - click HERE for more information!

I have some great weddings this summer, and some fun engagements coming up. I want to be at my best potential - and this I don't think I can achieve at the pace I am going. My couples are awesome, every single client that I have booked - I could not have asked for any better. My family and friends are being so supportive, so to them I also owe it to them to re-group before the heavy hit. I know by the time April comes around my business and personal life will be more organized, and a little less stressful. Owning a business is not easy, and I think I am pushing myself too hard to make it work. Making mistakes and being burnt out is no way to make it work, it will only cause it to fall.

In March I am going to organize my office - my files - my computer - and my life. I am going to work on finding the common ground with both lives. I will still be answering emails, and phone calls, but I will not be booking any session in the month of March.  I will also be posting a blog about my April Mini Sessions I will be holding. Also, I will be getting my Nikon D300 upgrade, along with 50mm lens, and CS4. I am so stoked for the up coming upgrades to Natural Intuition Photography! Make sure you keep your eyes peeled on my Facebook Page!

And as a project I am giving myself for the month of March - is to take more photos of me and my wonderful boyfriend, Justin. I am starting out with doing my own self portrait. I am going to try to take a photograph a day and blog about it every week. (most of these might be in film too! YAY!)



I just want to say to every client, family member, and friend THANK YOU for be awesome! You truly are the best there is!

Much love - Christine
Natural Intuition Photography

1 comment:

Feel free to comment below ....